Report Child Abuse and Neglect

If you suspect that a child’s health or safety is jeopardized due to abuse or neglect by parents or other caretaker who has custody of the child, contact the appropriate authority in the county or state, in which, the child resides. If you believe a child is in immediate danger of harm, please call 911 first.

Your confidential call will not only make sure the child is safe, but also help provide the child’s family the services they need to provide a safe, loving and nurturing home.

Below are the specific information for each of the states:


Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-482-5964 phone 1-501-618-8952 fax




Call the DFCS Child Protective Center at: 1-855-GACHILD / 1-855-422-4453.


Statewide: 1-855-552-KIDS (5437)
Treasure Valley: 208-334-KIDS (5437)


Call the 24-hour Child Abuse Hotline at 800-25-ABUSE (800-252-2873 or TTY 1-800-358-5117)


Hotline 1-800-800-5556


Call the Abuse Hotline at 1-800-362-2178, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Reports of Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of an Adult or Child may be made to the Kansas Protection Report Center online or by calling: 1-800-922-5330

One thought on “Report Child Abuse and Neglect

  1. I was very concerned to learn that the woman who takes care of my granddaughters (5 & 7 yrs) let the very fair-skinned 7-yr old get badly sunburned yesterday. Their mother provides sunscreen; however, Jessica told her mother the woman expects them to apply it themselves. I can’t even apply cream to my own back!! The woman told my daughter she, herself, got a little sunburned yesterday. I don’t care if she got burned to a crisp! She is the adult and should have been more conscientious. I do not know if this woman is a licensed provider.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *