Description: We, as educators, strive to promote the expression of the Orthodox Christian way of life. We believe every child is unique and learning is an individualized and ongoing process. We recognize our opportunity and mutual obligation to develop within each child the skills, virtues and habits of heart and mind needed to meet the challenges of an ever-changing society. Through mutual respect our students will grow and learn in a positive atmosphere, where faculty, staff, parents and students together are enthusiastic about the learning process. To this end in attaining our philosophy we strive:
• To teach and practice Orthodox Christian values
• To help each student develop to his/her potential in an atmosphere which promotes self-esteem and confidence.
• To cultivate an appreciation and respect for others
• To identify the relationship among various subjects through a holistic approach to teaching which incorporates culture, religion and citizenship
• To promote cooperative learning in a mutually supportive environment which allows each child to perform to the best of his/her ability
• To employ teachers who present themselves as positive role models and create a nurturing environment in the classroom
• To maintain open channels of communications between school and home recognizing that the student is at the center
Where possible, ChildcareCenter provides inspection reports as a service to families. This information is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. We encourage families to contact the daycare provider directly with any questions or concerns, as the provider may have already addressed some or all issues. Reports can also be verified with your local daycare licensing office.
|Brief Description: Violations requiring correction within two weeks (Critical Violations)<br/> Water not tested for lead as required. Elevated lead levels not remediated. School fails to use approved water source when indicated|
|Brief Description: Violations requiring correction within two weeks (Critical Violations)<br/> Sufficient handwash sinks with hot and cold running water, liquid soap, drying devices not provided in comercial buildings.|
|Brief Description: Violations requiring correction within two weeks (Critical Violations)<br/> School-based child care program failed to provide/maintain written safety plan at time of inspection.|
|Brief Description: Minor violations (General Violations)<br/> Adequate lighting not provided in commercial building at time of inspection.|
|Brief Description: Minor violations (General Violations)<br/> Walls and ceiling in comercial building not properly constructed; not maintained in good repair; unclean|
If you are a provider and you believe any information is incorrect, please contact us. We will research your concern and make corrections accordingly.
Be the first to review this childcare provider. Write a review about DGK PAROCHIAL SCHOOL OF HOLY CROSS GREEK ORTHODOX. Let other families know what’s great, or what could be improved. Please read our brief review guidelines to make your review as helpful as possible.