Description: The municipal park system encompasses almost 11,000 acres of park land in more than 220 parks, greenbelts, and wildlife areas. Park facilities include 76 playgrounds, 110 athletic fields, five swimming pools, four recreation centers, an alpine ski area, equestrian center, community gardens, and hundreds of miles of pedestrian, bicycle, Nordic skiing, and equestrian trails.
The Department depends in part on the generous support of park users and other volunteers, as well as non-profit partner organizations, who provide thousands of hours of service every year help enhance and maintain the community’s parks and trails.
The mission of the Anchorage Parks and Recreation Department is to provide Healthy Parks for Healthy People and a Healthy Future.
The vision for the Parks and Recreation Department is providing facilities and programs to encourage healthy lifestyles, family and community involvement, urban beautification, and stewardship of natural resources for present and future generations.
The goals of the Anchorage Parks and Recreation Department are to:
• Preserve and maintain our built and natural park assets.
• Provide services for a diverse community and facilitate the widest possible use.
• Promote parks as catalysts for community enhancement.
• Generate public and financial support for a thriving park system.
• Encourage public involvement in the operation and development of our parks.
• Maintain an appropriate balance between open space and developed recreation areas to meet diverse needs.
Be the first to review this childcare provider. Write a review about SPENARD COMMUNITY RECREATION CENTER. Let other families know what’s great, or what could be improved. Please read our brief review guidelines to make your review as helpful as possible.