Description: Edgemont school is located in the Carson Springs area of Cocke County. It began between 1900 and 1910, as a one-room frame structure located approximately three-quarters of a mile above the existing school. Because it appeared to rest on the edge of the mountain, the school was called Edgemont. In later years, other small schools consolidated with Edgemont making it a much larger institution. In June 1965, a recommendation to the school board that a new school be constructed to meet the needs of the growing percentage of students was approved and the new Edgemont School opened for service in the fall of 1968 with twenty classrooms, a gymnasium, a self-contained kitchen, a stage, and a circular library. Five classrooms were added to the main structure in 1987, increasing the total classrooms to twenty-five, and, a new two-classroom portable building was added in 1996. An extension of A wing was added in 2000, containing six self-contained classrooms, a computer lab, a teacher work center, three specialty offices, and new restrooms. Edgemont enjoys a positive relationship with its community and serves as a community center in many ways. The school serves as a voting precinct in the fourth district of the county. Other uses of the school and campus include benefits to raise money for the community, specific needs, organizations, concerts, fund-raisers for the school, and citizen forums on various topics that affect the community.
Be the first to review this childcare provider. Write a review about Edgemont Elementary Csi. Let other families know what’s great, or what could be improved. Please read our brief review guidelines to make your review as helpful as possible.