Description: Program content is a dynamic combination of teacher-guided and child-initiated learning activities.
Through skillful observation of each child, Academy teachers extend a child's development by providing experiences that help them make connections with what they already know and can achieve.
Teachers plan meaningful integrated activities to meet four categories of curriculum goals for each child:
• Skills - Developing large and small muscles, manners, habits, and other practices related to positive relationships and living.
• Knowledge - Developing foundations of math, science, social studies, problem solving abilities, language arts, music, and art.
• Feelings - Developing feelings of trust, adequacy, competence, acceptance and self-esteem.
• Dispositions - Developing tendencies related to literacy (focused participation, risk taking, hypothesis testing, persistence, and self-regulation) and toward creative thinking, curiosity, and learning.
The Village Children's Academy works to develop strong lines of communication between the school and parents. Formal conferences are scheduled throughout the year and the staff is available for informal meetings on an ongoing basis. In addition, a parent board works closely with the school's management to ensure an even greater ongoing flow of communications and the development of new ideas.
Curriculum is designed to promote learning, experience, and development in the following areas:
• Whole Language
• Nutrition and Health
• Social Relationships
Other activities include:
• Weekly Music Classes
• Community Field Trips
• Enrichment Afternoons
• Cultural Outings
• Playtime on Private Playgrounds
Separate enrichment programs are available for an additional fee:
• Private Music Lessons
• Computer Skills
Be the first to review this childcare provider. Write a review about ACORN OAKS PRESCHOOL CHILD CARE. Let other families know what’s great, or what could be improved. Please read our brief review guidelines to make your review as helpful as possible.